Why Royal Dornoch Is A Must Play Golf Course
The beginning of 2016 marked 400 years of golf at Royal Dornoch. To celebrate, events are taking place throughout the year with events highlighting the aspects that make the Dornoch Club, it’s town and community an international destination perfect for any golfer looking for their next golf holiday. Events include a gala, themed street party, music, art, drama exhibitions and more.
Royal Dornoch Golf Club
Experiencing golf at Royal Dornoch Golf Club is a great way to explore a unique and beautiful part of Scotland. The golf course is described as spellbinding with an emphasis on traditional highland hospitality and often quoted as one of the must-play courses. Below, learn why Royal Dornoch is a must play course.
- The Championship Course is ranked No.5 in the world and No.1 in Scotland by Golf Digest 2016.
- Struie Course ranked No.50 in the best links courses of UK & Ireland by Golf Digest 2011
- Pure white sandy beach divides the links from the Dornoch Firth
- Its timeless setting is wild, isolated and absolutely beautiful
- Because of it is remoteness it is relatively un-crowded
- Wild magnificence of sea, sky, mountains and ancient, grass-covered dunes.
- The Championship course presents golfers with the challenges of links-land
- The Struie Course is enjoyable and entertaining for the whole family
- Offers a relaxed, informal environment
- Works with local distilleries Glenmorangie, Balblair and Dalmore, to give a true Highland welcome
Royal Dornoch has exceptional standards when welcoming their frequent visitors and loyal members. If you are accustomed to having your expectations met, they do this by exceeding what you’re looking for.
If you are looking to experience Royal Dornoch, check out the best of Scotland.
See also our Golf Tours of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.
Contact us today to book.