Dublin Series 1, Capital of Ireland... A Modern Vibrant Golfing City
Dublin Series 1, Capital of Ireland, a modern vibrant golfing City
Golf in Dublin and County Dublin
- Dublin is unique as a golfing city as it has links golf courses within the city. From the city centre Royal Dublin and St Anne’s on Bull Island are about 3 miles distant. Dublin is good for a week’s golf with 5 links courses easily accessible.
- Further leading courses outside of Dublin County can be played as a day trip or on route to other golfing areas. Links golf at County Louth and The European, inland courses Druids Glen and ‘K’ Club (Palmer Ryder Cup)
- An alternative base to the city centre is Malahide 13 miles north of the city centre and 6 miles drive from the airport.
- Based at Malahide you are just 2.5 miles from the links at Portmarnock Golf Club often ranked #1 in the Republic and the excellent Portmarnock Hotel and Golf links. The Bull Island clubs are 9 miles.
- From Malahide the exciting links named “The Island” is 15 minutes’ drive, about 30 from the city.
The Irish capital is vibrant, historic and distinctive, with literature and other humanities to rival any European City. The cities culture is formed from long-established music, dancing and Gaelic games. There is a nurtured enjoyment of literature, drama and history. This is complemented with the cheerfulness of the people and the warmth they offer to visitors. Overall it’s a lively city that is one of Europe’s choice destinations. The architecture of the Georgian squares is attractive, the Pubs and Theatres are outstanding. Dublin is large enough to offer quality entertainment, dining and culture to suit a variety of visitors, but small enough to walk between many attractions.
Malahide is a picturesque, homely seaside village which is popular with our clients as a base. It has historic character and the jewel in its crown is Malahide Castle; one of Ireland's oldest castles. It is well placed for easy access to the 5 major links golf courses and the airport. Instead of driving into the city you can take the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) train from Malahide station to the city centre. There are regular direct connections. We normally use the 4* Grand Hotel, a unique retreat with 203 luxurious bedrooms, many with sea views. Other facilities include the seafront Coast Restaurant and a Health and Fitness Club with pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and state of the art gymnasium. You can stay in a quiet restful village while also being convenient to the attractions of Dublin City Centre,
Dublin has a full range of hotel choices. There are ample 5 star hotels including the centre (Dublin 2). There are excellent 4 star choices and a variety of budget properties are available throughout the city.
Dining in Dublin
The city has fantastic eateries including award winning Michelin-starred restaurants, exclusive riverside cafes and more…..
In central Dublin the two main shopping areas are Grafton Street. Visit the Westbury Mall, St. Stephen’s Green Shopping Centre and the Powerscourt Townhouse Centre. On Henry St. try ilac shopping centre and Jervis Shopping Centre.
Sightseeing will be covered in Series 2.
Check out our Dublin Golf Tours package.